shipping & returns
Due to popular demand our larger shades are now PRE-ORDER items until further notice. We anticipate orders taking 4 weeks production time.
Once we've packed your shades, you will receive a confirmation email confirming that your order is on its way.
Tracking numbers / links are supplied in your confirmation email.
If you miss your delivery, please check your local post office for collection and remember to take photo ID.
Standard Shipping, 4 - 7 business days
- Australia | USD $20
- Rest of World | USD $32
Will I Have to Pay Duties or Tax on Receipt of Goods? How is VAT Applied?
Lumiere Shades can not be held responsible for any possible duties and taxes, which may be applied by customs in the country where delivery is made. The responsibility for any customs, duties, foreign taxes, other fees which may be imposed, will rest with the customer. Please contact your local customs office if you would like to seek more information regarding taxes and duties. We will not reduce the price on any packages.
When goods are imported into a country with a VAT regime (such as the UK & EU as of 2021), import VAT is charged at checkout as a percentage of the value of the imported goods. In addition to the VAT, customs duties will also be payable by customers.
As much as we love our shades, we understand you might not feel quite the same way. Our shades are made from sustainable materials which are all handmade, bespoke orders. Therefore, please select carefully before purchasing as we have had to implement the following policy in line with our environmental ethos. Please read below.
- You, the customer is responsible for arranging payment of all return shipments and any additional taxes or duties. We cannot be held responsible for return shipments that are lost in transit, or for any additional taxes. Please make sure that you obtain all tracking information for your return and ensure the goods are packaged appropriately.
- Lumiere Shades is unable to refund any duties and or taxes paid.
- Lumiere Shades does not accept Returns and Refunds based on the buyer not understanding the import conditions of their individual country. We are not responsible to provide advice on customs costs and conditions. Each country has different processes and cost associated with importing goods. We also encourage all buyers to familiarize themselves with their country’s customs regulations before making international purchases.
- Refunds will be calculated based on the cost of the item only minus any taxes imposed to Lumiere Shades will be refunded if terms are agreed to.
- We do not accept a return based on colour discrepancy. Some of our linen colours are hand dyed so there will be variations in batches of fabric colour. The computer screen or mobile device that you view our products may not truly represent the actual colours as they are in real life. Even though we try to photograph them to capture the closest possible match sometimes, there may be a slight variation which adds to the uniqueness of each piece.
- We do not accept a return based on size discrepancy. Descriptions are available for each product with clear dimensions provided. Should there be any confusion, please ask in advance of purchasing the shade.
- No returns or refunds will be accepted or provided unless agreed to by our team.
We are a small, family business creating beautiful handmade products in line with our belief that faster isn't always better. #slowliving.
Thank you for your understanding.
Can I return a product?
Please note that we do not accept returns for a change of mind or if accidentally placed an order. All sales are final.
We guarantee the products you purchase from Lumiere Shades will be of high quality and will reach you in good condition. If you receive damaged or faulty goods, please contact us with a photo of the product and details of the fault, within 48 hrs. Where the item is determined to be damaged or faulty, Lumiere Shades will cover the costs of a replacement shade or refund, otherwise shipping and handling charges are non-refundable.
Please be sure to clearly read product description and dimensions prior to purchase.
A minor variation in colour/product dimensions from those listed on the Lumiere Shades website is normal for handmade pieces. It does not constitute a fault and does not warrant a return.
What method should I use for returns?
We recommend that items are returned to us via courier to make sure they are protected and insured during transit. However, you may return the goods by any secure means, and we request that you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to such returns.
Please note that we may not accept liability for goods that are not returned via courier.
If the goods are deemed faulty, you can choose between a refund, exchange (if item is still available) or credit. Returns for faulty items must be received by Lumiere Shades within 14 days from the date of delivery by post.
- Returns and Exchanges processing time is generally 7-14 days from receipt of the goods.
- Return shipping expenses are covered by the customer
- The item must be in it's original condition to qualify for a replacement item or credit note for our online store
- Sale items do not qualify for returns / exchanges - please choose your size/colour carefully or contact us for advice